It is increasingly apparent at this time of the year, that holiday traditions most often begin in the family kitchen. To celebrate the harvest and the upcoming holidays, 21 Acres offers a variety of classes that teach old world skills that are modernized for today’s busy families.
Incorporating the traditions of simple, heritage food and farming you’ll enjoy cooking with fresh, organic, seasonal ingredients and learn skills in our hands-on farm and crafts classes. 21 Acres class offerings include:
- Raw Food Vegan: Thanksgiving; Friday, Nov. 16, 6:30 p.m.
- Bake Ahead Thanksgiving Pies; Saturday, Nov. 17, 10:30 a.m.
- Make Your Own Bacon; Saturday, November 24, 6:30 p.m.
- Holiday Wreath Making; two dates, Saturday, Dec. 1, 10 a.m. and again Saturday, Dec. 8, 1 p.m.
- Joy of Chickens; Saturday, Dec. 1, 10 a.m.
- Sustainable Cooking Series: Taste the Season Holiday Tasting Dinner; Wednesday, Dec. 5, 10:30 a.m.
- Raw Food Vegan Appetizers and Party Foods; Friday, Dec. 7, 6:30 p.m.
- Cookbook Lovers Series: Gluten-free Holiday Baking; Saturday, Dec. 8, 10:30 a.m.
Learn how to add flavorful dimensions to your meals and bring some of those holiday traditional elements to your home and table. Instructors are leading chefs and professionals in their fields. Register now at 21acres.org/school. Seating is limited. Membership discounts apply.
21 Acres Center for Local Food and Sustainable Living is a comprehensive campus with a farm, school, commercial kitchen, market and green-built facility at 13701 NE 171st Street, Woodinville, WA 98072. All the programming and services offered through 21 Acres focus on the areas of Growing, Eating and Living. Click or call for more information; 21acres.org, 425-481-1500.