A large group of local riders are expect to participate in this year’s Ride of Silence, a silent procession of bicyclists honoring cyclists killed or injured while on public roadways. The group will leave from Wilmot Park at 6:30 p.m. and
The ride organizers requests black arm bands be worn, red only if you have had a bike/motor vehicle accident. Helmets are required; bright clothing and lights are highly recommended for the ride home. There are no fees charged anyone to participate.
Kirk Nygaard of Woodinville is helping to get the word out about the ride. The ride is a slow, easy event designed to attract people of all ages. It’s a perfect ride for families, Kirk said.
Want to post your event or announcement on Woodinville Patch? The video explains how it works, and it's incredibly easy.
Here's a step-by-step:
- Log in to Patch. .
- Click on "Events" on the top of the page.
- At the bottom of the Events page, click "Add an Event."
- Give your event a title.
- Choose a date, starting time and end time. If your event repeats, check the box that says "This event happens more than once or is an ongoing event."
- Under "Where," type in an address or the name of a location. If adding an address, include the city so the site knows where to place the event. Once you have a location, click on that location to save it.
- Fill out a description for your event. Tell us why we should be there and what to expect at the event.
- If you'd like to add photos, videos or a flier, click "Choose files to upload."
- Choose a category and fill out any other information, such as who the event is best for, the price, a contact number or email address, website, etc.
- Click "Post My Event."
- Tell all your friends how easy it was!