Apex at Alder Ridge continues their summer concert series on Saturday, Aug. 18 with violinist Geoffrey Castle.
Castle is a pioneer on the electric six-string violin. After starting out as a street musician in New York and Paris, he rose to play in the Tony Award winning Broadway production of M. Butterfly.
Castle has made it something of a mission to destroy people's pre-conceived notions about what is possible on a violin, which he does every time he takes the stage.
A bandleader and solo artist with several critically acclaimed releases on his own Twisted Fiddle Music label, Castle has also managed to share the stage with musicians like Blues Traveler, all of the original and current members of Heart, Buddy Miles, and Alan White of Yes.
Castle will be performing from 6 to 8 p.m. This event is free, so show up early as they are expecting a big crowd.
Want to post your event or announcement on Woodinville Patch? The video explains how it works, and it's incredibly easy.
Here's a step-by-step:
- Log in to Patch. .
- Click on "Events" on the top of the page.
- At the bottom of the Events page, click "Add an Event."
- Give your event a title.
- Choose a date, starting time and end time. If your event repeats, check the box that says "This event happens more than once or is an ongoing event."
- Under "Where," type in an address or the name of a location. If adding an address, include the city so the site knows where to place the event. Once you have a location, click on that location to save it.
- Fill out a description for your event. Tell us why we should be there and what to expect at the event.
- If you'd like to add photos, videos or a flier, click "Choose files to upload."
- Choose a category and fill out any other information, such as who the event is best for, the price, a contact number or email address, website, etc.
- Click "Post My Event."
- Tell all your friends how easy it was!