Paul Wheaton returns to Woodinville to present “Making the Big Bucks with Permaculture,” on Thursday night, Aug. 16 at 7:00 p.m. at the , a community event sponsored by Transition Woodinville.
Wheaton will begin the presentation by describing how the permaculture model compares to conventional and organic farming. He will then cover at least two-dozen ways to make money from having a rich diversity of permaculture systems.
As a permaculturist following in the footsteps of Bill Mollison, Sepp Holzer, and others like Fukuoka, Wheaton explains how to attract volunteers, offer internships, and other opportunities to teach others in exchange for labor and increased productivity.
Permaculture techniques that limit or eliminate many expenses, while offering a market niche for selling a diversity of produce, coppice, weeds, and other products to dramatically increase your profit margin are also highlighted.
A donation of $5 to 10 per person is suggested.
Want to post your event or announcement on Woodinville Patch? The video explains how it works, and it's incredibly easy.
Here's a step-by-step:
- Log in to Patch. .
- Click on "Events" on the top of the page.
- At the bottom of the Events page, click "Add an Event."
- Give your event a title.
- Choose a date, starting time and end time. If your event repeats, check the box that says "This event happens more than once or is an ongoing event."
- Under "Where," type in an address or the name of a location. If adding an address, include the city so the site knows where to place the event. Once you have a location, click on that location to save it.
- Fill out a description for your event. Tell us why we should be there and what to expect at the event.
- If you'd like to add photos, videos or a flier, click "Choose files to upload."
- Choose a category and fill out any other information, such as who the event is best for, the price, a contact number or email address, website, etc.
- Click "Post My Event."
- Tell all your friends how easy it was!