It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Woodinville Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars, restaurants and shops to explore.
- Where/When: 6 to 7 p.m. Friday at in Redmond.
- Why Go: Love sausage? Interested in learning how to make your own? If you answered yes, be sure to make Bill the Butcher your destination this Friday. You'll learn recipes that include everything from picking the meat cuts to grinding the meat and even selecting the casing. Stick around after the demo for sausage sampling.
- Pricing: The demo is free, but space is limited. Call the shop at 425-636-8901 or stop in to register.
- Where/When: 8 and 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday at .
- Why Go: If comedy is what you’re after this weekend, you won’t have to travel too far to get it. Tommy Johnagin will be performing two shows on Friday and Saturday night at Laughs in Kirkland. His routine will have you laughing all night long. But don't take my word for it, check out this YouTube clip to see what you're in for.
- Pricing: $15
- Where/When: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m Saturday at the UW Bothell & Cascadia Community College Campus.
- Why Go: For any gardening enthusiasts out there, this event has probably been on your radar for a while. The 2011 Spring Garden Fair is is packed with gardening seminars, exhibit, vendors, guest speakers and activities. Basically, anything happening in the world of gardening is being talked about at this fair.
- Pricing: Admission and parking are free. Seminar attendees will also receive one free bag of Cedar Grove Compost, while supplies last. Limit two per household.
- Where/When: 7:30-11:30 p.m. Sat, April 30 at the .
- Why Go: Join Transition Woodinville for a night of music and dance this Saturday at the Sammamsih Valley Grange. From 8-9 p.m. enjoy the musical stylings of world touring songwriter, singer and activist Dana Lyons. Then from 9-11 p.m. dance the night away with local favorite, Pipeline. Not quite sure what to expect from this event? This music video from Dana Lyon's should give you an idea of what you're in for.
- Pricing: Suggested Donations: $15 Adults; $7.50 children 12 years and older; $7.50 students and seniors.
- Where/When: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday at the in Redmond.
- Why Go: Help celebrate Arbor Day by planting native trees in the forest of the Watershed Preserve. All you need to do is bring a pair of gloves and a willingness to help our forests.
- Pricing: It's free to participate. Please register with Chris Tolonen at 425-556-2369 or email@example.com.
- Where/When: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday at the in Bellevue.
- Why Go: Love the idea of shopping at Goodwill but can’t seem to find the name brand items you really want? That shouldn’t be the case this weekend at Goodwill’s Designer Label Sale. Come and enjoy the savings as you shop for all your favorite brands of jeans, shoes, handbags and more.
- Price: Admission is free. The net proceeds from the sale will benefit Goodwill's free job training and education programs.