It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Woodinville Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work-get-me-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new establishments to explore.
- Where/When: Thursday through Sunday at .
- Why Go: For any Jazz or Blues fans out there, this event is huge. The festival will feature a plethora of northwest jazz and blues musicians performing all weekend long. Headlining performance for the festival include Chris Potter’s Underground and the Michael Formanek Quartet on Thursday, the Tierney Sutton Band and the Luis Perdomo Trio on Friday, the Charles Lloyd Quartet featuring Zakir Hussain on Saturday, and the Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra on Sunday.
- Cost: Prices range for each night, check out our for detailed ticket pricing information.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. Fri, June 3 at .
- Why Go: Looking to get a little excitment out of your Friday night? Head over to Marymoor Park and catch the first race of the Marymoor Velodrom 2011 season. Watch these world class athletes compete under the spotlights from the stands or you can hang out in the grassy lawn. There's even a beer garden for adult refreshments. Courious about what you'll see? Check out from last week's final pre-season race.
- Cost: Admission rate is $5 per person. Kids 16 and under are free. Beer garden opens at 7 p.m.
- Where/When: June 2 through June 12 at the . (check our for a complete schedule)
- Why Go: The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) has been going on since mid-May, but this weekend you'll finally be able to check it out without having to cross the bridge. The Kirkland Performance Center will be screening films daily through June 12. This weekend's lineup of films showing at the KPS include The Bengali Detective and Hooked on Friday, The Sound of Mumbai: A Musical, PresPausePlay, The White Meadows, and Gromozeka on Saturday, and A Cat in Paris, Hurricane Kalatozov, Something Ventured, and 71 – Into the Fire on Sunday.
- Pricing: Tickets vary by venue and film, visit the SIFF website for more information.
- Where/When: 9 p.m. - 12 a.m. Sat, June 4 at in Kirkland.
- Why Go: If free live music is what you're after this weekend, you wont have to travel too far to get it. Singer songwriter Rane Stone will be performing at the Yuppie Pawn all Saturday night. Not sure what you'll hear? Sample a few of their songs from the bands ReverbNation page so you'll know what your in for.
- Cost: No cover.
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at .
- Why Go: Join SecondStory Repertory for the opening weekend of their newest production, On Golden Pond. SecondStory always puts on a great show and this production should be no different. Can't make it this weekend? On Golden Pond will be showing through the last weekend of June with Sunday matinees on June 12 and 19.
- Cost: Tickets are $25.
- Where/When: 5 p.m. Sun, June 5 at Rooney's Food And Spirits.
- Why Go: If your looking to wind down from the weekend craziness by catching game 3 of the NBA Finals this Sunday, Rooney's is probably your safest bet locally. They have 12 TV's scattered throughout the bar and plenty seating. So grab some friends and head out to Rooney's for some drinks, food and hopefully a great basketball game.
- Cost: No cover.