The second annual is a battle of the bands concert at organized by area firefighters benevolent fund groups. Proceeds from the July 28 event will go to local charities and firefighters benevolent funds in Woodinville, Redmond, Bellevue, Kirkland, Bothell, Eastside, and Northshore.
"The goal of the firefighters benevolent fund is to make a positive impact on the community by directly supporting individuals and families in need," stated Liz downs, one of the event organizers. "This includes providing funds to allow needy individuals or families to purchase items such as diapers, food, rent, to pay for medical bills, or even cab rides. We also believe in supporting organizations that seek to cure diseases, that enrich the lives of the disabled, or provide for the needy."
The concert is from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m., entry donation is $10. Redhook is donating the use of its Grassy Bowl and a percentage of all food and beverage sales at the concert will go to the charities. There will also be a flashmob event at 4:40 p.m.
The day-long event will also feature an auction and raffle and is for all ages.
Auction items include:
- Age your own whiskey from Woodinville Whiskey
- Seahawks football signed by Kellen Winslow Jr
- Gift cards to Blumenthals and Cheesecake Factory
- Bed and Breakfast at the Hyatt in Bellevue
- Gift card for New York Cupcakes
- Gift Card for Z Tejas in Bellevue
- Power play party at Lucky Strike
- Applebee's gift cards
- 6 Movie tickets AMC Woodinville
- Purple, Lot 3, and Barrio gift cards
- Starbucks cards
- Handmade blankets from Eastside Fire and Bellevue Fire
- Handmade Jewlery from Eastside Fire
- Papa Murphy's gift cards