The so-called 'Tour de Banks Robber,' who , has struck again.
On Tuesday, Sept. 12, around 10:25 a.m., Mill Creek Police say an armed man robbed the Whidbey Island Bank at 1504 132nd Street SE, according to KIRO FM. The masked man brandished a handgun, put stolen cash into his backpack, and fled on a bicycle.
The FBI, King County Sheriff's Office, Bothell Police Department, Monroe Police Department and Mill Creek Police Department have all joined forces to capture the robber they say should be considered armed and dangerous.
The suspect is described as male, in his late 20s or early 30s and he has a slight accent described as European, according to Sgt. Cindi West, spokesperson for the Sheriff’s Office.
The string of bank robberies first began in Bothell on January 30 and the latest one in Mill Creek brings the total to eight:
- January 30, 2012—Key Bank, Bothell, Washington
- May 2, 2012—Key Bank, Woodinville, Washington
- June 26, 2012—, Woodinville, Washington
- July 5, 2012—Key Bank, Bothell, Washington
- July 6, 2012—, Woodinville, Washington
- July 23, 2012—U.S. Bank, Bothell, Washington
- July 30, 2012—Washington Federal, Monroe, Washington
The departments continue to seek public assistance, with the FBI offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the arrest of the individual(s) responsible. CrimeStoppers has added $1,000 to the reward.
Those with information can make a tip anonymously through CrimeStoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.