is encouraging local residents to join its team “Woodinville Walkers” in the Bellevue Arthritis Walk on Saturday, May 19 at Crossroads Park (www.bellevuearthritiswalk.org). The Eastside event is one of many events nationwide during National Arthritis Month funding arthritis research, health education and advocacy initiatives.
The Woodinville clinic has set a goal of building a team of 50 people to raise at least $1,000 in support of the Arthritis Foundation—matched by a $1,000 donation by John and Lydia Alexander, owners of the Woodinville Massage Envy.
“Arthritis is the nation’s most common cause of disability, and this event is a fun and visible way to raise funds and awareness,” said Lydia Alexander.
Anyone can join the Massage Envy Woodinville Walkers team by visiting the clinic to register or visit http://bellevuearthritiswalk.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=994627
The Massage Envy clinic is located at Woodinville Plaza at 140th & NE Woodinville-Duvall Road near and .
Participants may walk in honor of a friend or family member with arthritis. People with arthritis wear blue hats to signify their action in taking control of their condition. The event features a three-mile and one-mile course, with arthritis information and activities for the entire families. Pet owners are invited to bring their “well behaved” dogs along for the event.
For more information on joining the Woodinville Massage Envy team, call (425) 368-0800.
Want to post your event or announcement on Woodinville Patch? The video explains how it works, and it's incredibly easy.
Here's a step-by-step:
- Log in to Patch. .
- Click on "Events" on the top of the page.
- At the bottom of the Events page, click "Add an Event."
- Give your event a title.
- Choose a date, starting time and end time. If your event repeats, check the box that says "This event happens more than once or is an ongoing event."
- Under "Where," type in an address or the name of a location. If adding an address, include the city so the site knows where to place the event. Once you have a location, click on that location to save it.
- Fill out a description for your event. Tell us why we should be there and what to expect at the event.
- If you'd like to add photos, videos or a flier, click "Choose files to upload."
- Choose a category and fill out any other information, such as who the event is best for, the price, a contact number or email address, website, etc.
- Click "Post My Event."
- Tell all your friends how easy it was!